THE LAND FAMILY

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The size of Evan

It seems like everyone I show a picture of Evan remarks about how big he appears to be (I think so too). When we were waiting for Daniel we would receive pictures of him and I would panic because he seemed so big in his pictures. I had convinced myself that they were not being truthful about his real age. When we arrived in China and met Daniel for the very first time, I couldn't believe how small and baby-like he was so, with Evan I have understood that he only appears large in the pictures. In fact, I have proof that he is not as big as he seems. Evan is 18-months-old and soon to be 19 months. At 18 months Daniel was 23lbs, 2.5oz and 31 1/2 inches long. Evan at the same age is 29inches tall and weighs 17lbs. Since he is living in an orphanage (even with excellent care) it is expected that he would be smaller in comparison to his big brother because by that age Daniel had been in our care for 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment