THE LAND FAMILY

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The "When" is here!

It seems like only a couple of days ago when I was complaining or whining about when we were going to get our TA. That day happened on a beautiful Wednesday last week. Then came the wait to see when we could actually leave for China (you have to plan your trip around an appointment with the US consulate). Our agency thought we would hear something on Friday or Tuesday (consulate is closed on Monday, holiday) but we were blessed to receive our answer on Thursday morning. Our appointment is set for May 26th.

After a lot of stress and hard work, I was able to purchase our plane tickets and we leave on Monday, May 10th and come home on Monday, May 31st. We will fly into Hong Kong via San Francisco and stay two nights and one day. We are planning on going to Disneyland. On May 13th we will fly to Beijing and spend a couple of days touring the Capital city. I can hardly wait to see the Great Wall!!! Then we will fly to Hohot where we will receive Evan. We will spend several days there before leaving for Guangzhou. While we are in Guangzhou, we will visit True Children's Home to see Daniel's former caretakers and hopefully get to meet his foster parents (I'm crossing my fingers that it will work out). When our trip is over we will take the train to Hong Kong and spend another day before leaving on the 31st. I'm exhausted writing this:)!

I have a lot of work to do before we can leave. I am making my list and checking it all the time. A special thanks to my good friend, Sue, who spent an hour on the phone with me to help find plane tickets. She has been a wealth of information and I am so grateful to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment